Saturday, August 21, 2010

United Way Service Opportunities for #AYCJ

I'll be using my blog to keep track of service opportunities, concerts, festivals, and overall events that I am particularly interested in.

When I stayed in New Orlens, Mobile, AL, and the South Bronx I participated in volunteer programs and I would love to continue that tradition when I travel. So here's what I'm thinking:

Throughout the US:
UNITED WAY:
The United Way almost always has a Volunteer Center or at least a Coordinator. Volunteer opportunities from nonprofits across the city are listed on a website called Volunteer Solutions. The best way to find opportunities for the city of your choice is to google 'City + Volunteer Opportunities'.

The United Way in late August and early September usually do 'Days of Caring' which is one day where hundreds of people work with different nonprofits together. Those may or may not be available during #AYCJ.

UW of Greater LA

UW of King County (SEATTLE)

United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley (BOSTON)

United Way of the Columbia-Willamette (PORTLAND,OR)
(note: this does not have a 'search' function that I can see so I'll have to look into it. A City like Portland *always* has fun volunteer things going on)

NEW ORLEANS
(search engine is on right hand side)

****** I'll post more when I have a chance, but hopefully this helps!*****

No comments:

Post a Comment