Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Friends Think I'm Crazy...

There aren't a lot of people willing to buy a Jet Blue AYCJ (All You Can Jet) $500 pass and travel the country for a month, but apparently I am that crazy :)

I work from home so I'll be bringing my laptop with me and I plan on travelling for at least two weeks, but hopefully three weeks or even the entire month - I'm still not sure yet.

However, I am CRAZY excited to do this! I've done quite a bit of travelling in my life but I've been yearning to do more. So far in my life I've:

**Lived outside of Madrid, Spain for 2 months (Summer 2006)
**Did Hurricane Katrina Relief efforts in Mobile, Al (Winter 2005) and New Orleans, LA (Winter 2006)

**Traveled to Miami, FL as a college mascot for my school's game against FIU (Sept 2006)
**Traveled to Vaderbelt University in TN for Mascot Camp and stopped in Nashville, TN (August 2006)
**Visited Austin, TX & San Antonio, TX briefly on my way to the Valley for a week (July 2007)

**Visited Portland, OR for the League of Women Voters National Convention (June 2008)
**8 hour layover in Las Vegas, NV on my way home from Portland (June 2008)
**Spent Spring Break on a service trip in the South Bronx and visited Harlem and Manhatten (Mar 2009)
**Visited DC for Inauguration in Jan 2004 and job-hunted there in Nov 2009
**Plus I've been to Chicago 4 times - 3 to attend the USHLI National Conference and once to visit friends and a potential grad school

Some places I want to re-visit:
PORTLAND --Most Beautiful city, ever.
Austin -- to see my dear Naomi and causeI never saw much of it before
New Orleans -- because I only spent 1/2 a day walking around when I visited since we mostly did house tear-outs and Habitat work
Las Vegas -- cause a 8-hour layover is NOT enough time to explore!

If it works with my schedule, I'd also like to re-vist DC to see my friend Patrick

New Places on the Jet Blue airline locations that I MUST Visit:
LA
Seattle
One int'l location -- PR or Colombia or Costa Rica
Boston

If I can go to those four places, I'll be happy.

Regardless of wher I end up, it is going to be one heck of an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment