Friday, September 17, 2010

Epic Journey Log Entry #6 ----Seattle/Downtown travels

Epic Journey Log Entry #6
Seattle/Downtown travels

Ugh, I’m tired….Basically this is what I saw in Seattle:

-International District: Uwajiyama (sp?) which is a HUGE Asian supermarket and I got some smoked salmon sushi

-Pike Place Market: Oh my gosh! This was AWESOME! I recorded a video of the fish-throwing guys, bought some natural-no preservatives apple chips and dried mango slices, tried King Salmon at the fish-thrower guy’s spot, saw the infamous gum wall, saw the First Starbucks (but it was crazy busy so I didn’t order anything), hung out at the park next to the market and ate my fruit, meandered through countless bohemian.international/afghani/asian shops, and tried various foods in the market.

-Rode the monorail to the Seattle Center (home to the Space Needle and back). Really not as cool as you think, but I wanted to check that ‘touristy’ thing off my list.

-Ate some gelato by Pike Place and ate at a Thai restaurant where I had curry and pad thai – it was my first time eating pad thai and I LOVED IT!

-Saw a store dedicated to maps and globes – I fell in love with it and sooo wish we had something like that in Toledo!

-Went up in the tallest building, ran into the Starbucks on the 40th floor right before they closed, and took aerial photos of the city.

- And that was mostly it…….The buses were confusing, I had to waste 2 hours to ride to pick up my laptop and ride back downtown, and just ran out of time. Mind you, I had fabulous time but I definitely needed anther day! Part of what makes it hard is being a girl traveling solo – I would head back each night at 7pm so I could get home right at dark; I just don’t like traveling at night in unknown areas.

-Overall it was a GORGEOUS CITY and I got to see Mt. Rainier when I would take the bus downtown (plus I saw it when I left) and the plethora of Evergreen trees created a lovely green landscape, plus I got lucky with the weather – sunshine both days!

No comments:

Post a Comment